Chinny, Chin and Chin

This is our first blog so don't blame us if we don't know what we're doing.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Kids are fun!

Brady is at that fun age where he learns something new every day (good or bad) and can repeat them on command but doesn't necessarily understand the imlications of combining some actions together.

For instance, dancing to music and climbing on to the couch are both celebratory accomplishments when done alone, but when he climbs on top of the couch and begins to dance then he gets a stern "No, sit down please!" I'm sure this confuses him terribly.

For the past couple of weeks we've been teaching Brady body parts by asking him things like "where are my eyes?, where is my nose, where are my toes, etc." He loves this and for each question he touches his little finger to the proper area, yells out the body part, and celebrates.

The other day Brady also learned that his finger can fit in his nose. Although he hasn't stuck it in there often, he did do it once when Irene was carrying him up the stairs. Being the opportunistic person I am, I yelled out from the bottom of the stairs "Brady, where is Mommy's mouth?!" to which he pulled his index finger out of his nose and tried to unsuccessfully touch Irene's mouth. There was no celebration since he was unsuccessful. However I got a good chuckle out of it.

I'm sure this confused Brady as well. What a fun age!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha! That's funny! Wait till he starts saying inappropriate stuff... I've witnessed how my friends were mortified when their kids start repeating the stuff they say at home. Not that you'd say anything inappropriate around the house though, I'm sure... (uh hmm)

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home