Chinny, Chin and Chin

This is our first blog so don't blame us if we don't know what we're doing.

Monday, April 24, 2006

My Cousin, Roger

There's no marathon like the Boston Marathon - at least that's what I'm told. I've never run it, nor do I plan to really. My former roommate and good friend, Jamie, has run many marathons so I've learned that Boston is a great race. This year, my cousin Roger decided to join the proud ranks of people who can lay claim that they ran the Boston marathon. He just recently picked up running and this was his first marathon, so it's a great accomplishment. My dad was out on the course cheering runners on and sent me some pictures so I figured I'd post them for posterity.

My parents and Roger's parents anxiously waiting for a Roger sighting
And then he emerged from the masses....
"Hey Roger, if you're not busy or anything, can you take a picture with us?"

He doesn't even look tired and this is at mile 20! Look at the big smile on his face. That's so inspiring I may start running myself and run next year. Ummm, okay, maybe not. I'm actually more of a sitter than a runner. I like to reserve my long runs for when I'm chasing someone or being chased. Running from Hopkington to Boston still doesn't appeal to me that much (sorry Jamie!), but hats off to Roger and everyone else that took on the challenge that is the Boston Marathon!

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

I hear the Boston Sitathon is coming up. Better get training.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home