Chinny, Chin and Chin

This is our first blog so don't blame us if we don't know what we're doing.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Hangin' with Ska-Mee

As I said in the last post, Brady has really taken well to being a big brother. Today when we got home from daycare, he got out of the car and hustled up the steps to the house front door saying repeatedly "I'm coming little girl! I'm coming little girl!"

I'm not sure why he was in such a big rush, but he was.

He also created his own nickname for Mia, "Ska-Mee". We're not sure where this came from or what it means exactly. He just started saying Ska-Mee over and over one day. When we asked him what it meant, he pointed to Mia's belly. We thought *maybe* he was mispronouncing Stomach, but his pronunciation is pretty good for a two year old so that was a stretch. Then, after a few more iterations, it became apparent that Mia was Ska-Mee. We captured him saying this in the video below. If you can decipher what he's saying and it makes any sense, please let us know.

Brady saw us trying to take a picture of Mia and decided that he should be in the shot too.










2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG... I cant believe Mia has grown so much. She looks so differnt to her photos a few weeks back. I think Brady is trying to say Sister Mia... but he is kinda combineing the "sis" & the "ter" to "Ska".

Enjoy the 4th July weekend!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Ivy@PaperElixir said...

They're both so cute! Mia's growing a heck of a brain in that head of hers! Wow, she's gonna be a brainy one ;)

And I have no idea what Ska-Mee is, I don't speak Toddish :P I'll probably have to agree with the above interpretion of that being a 2-year-old's version of "sister". Good one!

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home