Chinny, Chin and Chin

This is our first blog so don't blame us if we don't know what we're doing.

Friday, January 01, 2010

Rose Bowl, oh Rose Bowl, will I ever get to watch you?

New year's day - 2010...

The day started out normal as any other day. We got up, had breakfast, then took the kids sledding. Of course I snuck in as much college football as I could - I love college bowl games. Then, at 4:30pm it began. Irene went to yoga and the kids were rested and amp'ed up, and apparently ready to ambush me.

Initially Brady was being a very good big brother playing with Mia. I should've gotten suspicious at that point, but was fooled into thinking this was a good thing. He said Mia and him wanted to go jump on his bed (extra mattress lying on the ground, so no risk) and he took her upstairs. I was washing the dishes so said I would come up in a minute.

I heard them playing...then Penn State lined up to kick a game winning field goal...not sure how much time passed, but then I realized it was awfully quiet upstairs - NEVER a good sign. I ran upstairs and was greeted with Brady and Mia being covered in skin lotion.

When I asked Brady why he was doing that when he knew it was wrong, he said "Mia started it and I told her to stop, but she said "no" so I decided to help her." I wasn't really sure how to handle that response given it started out right but ended SO wrong.

So, for the past hour I basically have been giving them baths and cleaning up the rugs....all I wanted to do today was watch the Rose Bowl....it started at 4:30pm...happy freakin' new year to me.






1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, but at least Penn State won! Joe Paterno is GOD!

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home