Chinny, Chin and Chin

This is our first blog so don't blame us if we don't know what we're doing.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Finally!



Hi everyone, just a quick blog posting while I'm at home. I have to head back to the hospital this evening again, so I don't have much time. However, I know many people are watching this site looking for news on our baby boy's arrival. The long story short is that the wait for his arrival was long and boring. We were admitted at 5am on Wednesday, 5/17, and proceeded to sit there for 10 hours. Well, I sat, Irene layed in bed. Basically, nothing happened. Of course, we both stayed very attentive and awake during this whole time, being first time parents and all. Then, we finally wore out and fell asleep. At 3:42 I was woken up to 3 doctors/nurses in the room looking at the baby heart monitor. After staring at this machine as my only source of entertainment for 10 hours, I basically had the gist of what it was and how to read it (almost how to use it!). It didn't take me long to figure out his heart beat was below the threshold by a lot and had been there for a few minutes. Our doctor told me that they would have to take Irene to the OR to hook her up to a better machine to check the heartbeat out. Ten seconds later, 10 people rush into the room and roll Irene out. Another person throws a smock on me and says "let's go, we don't want you to miss this." I followed her into the OR and couldn't even see Irene because there were so many people in there. Then they told me to sit in a chair, so I did. I thought, "miss what? I can't see anything from this seat." Two minutes later I hear crying and the nurses are running a newborn baby across the room to a station near me. Ahh, that's what they wanted me to see... Anyway, at 3:52pm ET on May 17, 2006, the newest card carrying member of Patriot Nation (and my new best friend) was born.
Brady Matthew Chin

My new best friend

I don't have to wipe the butt of my other best friends....

One of the first things the nurse in the OR said to me was "look at those fingernails!"

And Irene took the opportunity to give him his first manicure

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chin and Irene -- I am overjoyed at the arrival of baby Brady Matthew! He is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! We are so happy to hear the news. Welcome to the world little Brady. Congratulations!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

He is so cute, congratulations. Can't wait to see more photos.

I hope Irene is feeling well and you get to have lots of fun with your new best friend!

Yeah!!

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chinny & Irene!

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys. What a great looking kid. Chin -- you're lucky that he has Irene's good looks. :)

I hear they make practice golf clubs for newborns now. It's never too early to unleash the next Tiger.

Best Wishes!

Zip

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to both of you guys! Brady is just adorable.

By the way, I love the name! :)

1:55 PM  
Blogger Lillian said...

I'm so happy for you Jason and Irene. And Irene, you look wonderful and happy. Your baby is adorable and very lucky to have you as his parents. I'll check your blog from time to time to update.

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. He is absolutely beautiful I can't wait to see you guys in July!! Don't worry Auntie Aegean has started on the collection of designer gear for Baby Brady. He will be the best dressed kid in Boston.

Love ya all!
Princess A

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chinny and Irene,

Congratulations, Proud Pappa and Mamma. What a cute little guy! But I'm surprised not to see a football in the bassinet with him! :-)

Hope you're adjusting to the lack of sleep okay. Glad to see how well you all are!

12:47 AM  
Blogger tay401 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:40 AM  
Blogger tay401 said...

HE IS SOOOOOO CUTEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Look at those tiny little fingers!
Maybe i should really consider having my own baby soon....

Auntie Teresa

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations guys!
He is adorable! Love the name and you guys look great!
Chinny remember to do whatever Irene says! New mommy's get whatever they want!:)
Can't wait to meet Brady in person. Joey is excited for a playmate!;)
-Annie, Colin, Sammy and Joey

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home