Chinny, Chin and Chin

This is our first blog so don't blame us if we don't know what we're doing.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day weekend 2006

Happy Father's Day! Yes, it my first father's day and I must say, I thought it was going to be a more relaxing weekend than it turned out to be this year. Besides Father's Day this weekend, it was also my good friend Jamie Auciello's wedding weekend (Congrats to Jamie & Alison - it was an awesome party) and Brady's one month birthday. However, true to form, we made time for all three celebrations and enjoyed the weekend thoroughly (albeit we are very tired as a result).

Unfortunately, we don't have any pictures of the Auciello wedding because I left my camera behind, but I'm betting that the mad photo taker from Michael & the Enzo will be posting some, so check there for those pics. I am happy to say you will find none of me drunk or doing something truly foolish. I know, not my normal wedding behavior, but I had to drive home to Needham after the reception to take care of my buddy Brady.

On Sunday, Pudge and I were able to get together at the golf range to hit some balls. A good time, although hot (95 degrees). But still, any day I get to swing a club is better than the days when I don't.

After the range, it was time to get Brady ready for his one month birthday party - a big milestone in Chinese culture.
First, it was bath time. And I'm happy to say he is now used to taking baths and doesn't cry!

Then it was time to get dressed in the traditional family garb. This outfit my grandmother made back in the 60's and both my brothers and all my nephews and neice wore this for their one month birthday.

Excuse me, tailor, can you please get me a better fitting hat?

I am emperor of the Chin dynasty!

The emperor and his mommy

The ceremonial first hair cutting (only a locket, not a full buzz)

Have you ever heard the rap song "you got a red egg rollin' on your head"? If so, this is what it's based on -- the tradition of rolling of a red egg on the head on the birthday boy by the youngest in the family (in this case my nephew Brendon).

Then it's over and everyone takes pictures with the emperor

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you love what you do thenwork doesn’t seem like work!If creativity is what you are all about and if animation isyour first love, then rush to ZICA today! And let yourpassion lead you!Mercedes has set the pace in taking initiatives. In August, it signed up as the automotive partner for all motor sporting events at the Budhh International Circuit in Greater Noida for two years. The Mercedes SLS AMG-with top speed of 317 km/hr-will be the 'safety car' for all racing events at the circuit. It will also provide cars to race officials.

Lexus Ignition Coil

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home