Chinny, Chin and Chin

This is our first blog so don't blame us if we don't know what we're doing.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

A very Brady weekend


We are now half way through week #3 with Brady and I must say, week 3 has been decisively harder than weeks 1 and 2 (and it's not even over yet!). Adrenaline is wearing off and we are now running on normal energy levels - which we are finding is not enough to keep pace with a newborn. If this was a heavyweight boxing match, he would be Buster Douglas and we'd be Mike Tyson. If this were the superbowl, he would be the New England Patriots and we'd be the St. Louis Rams. I went back to work this past week after memorial day and thought I was refreshed and ready to go. I was wrong. Stuff that was trivial to me before was now exhausting to think about. Stuff that I processed and made decisions on before took much longer to think through. By Friday, I was simply mentally scrapping to get into the weekend to get some rest. For the past five days, I've heard the opening to ABC's Wide World of Sports opening theme and narrative in my head when I wake up in the morning -- Spanning the globe to bring you the constant variety of sport! The thrill of victory...and the agony of defeat! The human drama of athletic competition! This is ABC's Wide World of Sports!. And of course, at the end, I see that ski jumper skidding off the jump ramp and practically breaking himself into little bits and pieces. Then I realize, I could be the agony of defeat representative in my house. Irene seems to be doing much better than I right now, well, maybe not MUCH better, but better.

Fortunately, we have grandparents and they are around. Irene's parents have been big helps through the week and we called my mom as reinforcement Saturday morning when we needed some additional sleep. We actually didn't do much else than sleep this weekend. We had a few Brady visitors, but mostly I think we slept, fed, and cleaned in a repetitive three hour cycle for the whole weekend.

He definitely has the momentum in this little game of "feed me now, watch me poop, amuse me or I'll cry" or FMNWMPAMOIC for short. Just as I once said to my assistant coach in a football game "ahh, maybe you might want to switch us out of the pass defense now since they are running the ball down our throats", I think now is the time for us to change our defense. To what, I'm not sure, but I am sure that we are getting our butts kicked right now. The good news is that I don't like to lose and I refuse to be beaten by someone that can't burp themselves, so I know we'll come up with something.

I'm told this gets better. If I had any energy I'd try to figure out if I believe that is true or not, but I don't, so I'll just wait and see.
This is what Brady looks like to me right now
This is the 'feed me now' part of the game - Brady is winning
I've found that I can get some rest during this portion of the game though
My mom, a veteran at baby care, can go perform the 'amuse me now or I'll cry' part of the game with her eyes closed
Sally has two little boys, so Brady was no match for her
Brady's agent didn't authorize this game picture so he obliged by covering his identity



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home